Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Target Test

November 30, 2010

Today I had a substitute in my room because the other English teachers and I graded papers all day long!!! We had to grade the essay an open response part of the target test! Unfortunately they will not run through the scan tron machine! We discussed more effective approaches to teaching, and how we could increase student learning.  The essays were not where I wanted them to be. I have been wracking my brain all day! I think it's time to review "bones of an essay" again.  I recently observed another English  teacher show her students the "bones".  She basically teaches the students how to write an essay in cooking cooker style.  Slowly but surely she pulls pieces away until they can do it all on their own.  It's time to get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment